The motor can draw a really high inpouring current for a really short time, the flux within the iron, and so the present is restricted to the fastened Rotor Current of the motor. The motor can develop fastened Rotor torsion and start to accelerate towards full speed.
As the motor accelerates, the present can begin to drop, however, it won’t drop considerably till the motor is at a high speed, generally concerning eighty-fifth of synchronous speed. the particular beginning current curve could be a operate of the motor style, and therefore the terminal voltage, and is completely freelance of the motor load.
The motor load can have an effect on the time taken for the motor to accelerate to full speed and so the length of the high beginning current, however not the magnitude of the beginning current.
Provided the torsion developed by the motor exceeds the load torsion the least bit speeds throughout the beginning cycle, the motor can reach full speed. If the torsion delivered by the motor is a smaller amount than the torsion of the load at any speed throughout the beginning cycle, the motor can stop fast. If the beginning torsion with a DOL starter is inadequate for the load, the motor should get replaced with a motor that may develop a better beginning torsion.
The acceleration torsion is that the torsion developed by the motor minus the load torsion and can amendment because the motor accelerates because of the motor speed torsion curve and therefore the load speed torsion curve. the beginning time depends on the acceleration torsion and therefore the load inertia.
Watch to Youtube Video
Read more 3 Phase Line Wiring
- 3 phase DOL Starter Motor Diagram
- Power Factor Capacitor Bank Connection
- How to use 3 phase Manual Changeover Switch
- 3 phase line to single-phase power supply
- 3 Phase Star Delta Motor Wiring Diagram
- 3 Phase Motor Forward Reverse Mini Changeover
- 3 Phase Forward Reverse Switch Wiring Diagram
- Main Distribution Boards
- 3 Phase Distribution Board Wiring Diagram
- Primary & Secondary or Back up Protection In a power System
- Single Phase or 3 Phase Loads in a 3 Phase Wiring Distribution System
- 3 phase pole lighting wiring