Computer Operating Systems
A software or OS may be a code on the disc drive that permits the pc hardware to speak and operate with the pc code. while not a laptop software, a laptop and code programs would be useless. the image to the correct is AN example of Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
An operating system (OS) is software that controls a computer:
We can think of an operating system as the middleman
- between the user and hardware.
- between the user and applications.
- between applications and hardware.
Fig: operating system is software that controls a computer
Operating system hardware & software resources
- An operating system (OS) is system software that manages computer hardware & software resources and provides common services for computer programs.
Several applications may be put in on a pc to fulfill varied user wants,
howevera pc very wants only1software package.
Four main functions
- Manage files
- Manage hardware
- Manage applications
- Provide a user interface
Operating System Examples
- MS DOS
- MAC OS
- Red Hat Linux
- Sun Solaris
- Linux Distributions
- MS Windows
Operating System Types
1. GUI (Graphical User Interface): A GUI (pronounced “GOO-ee”) OS uses graphics and icons instead of with a command-driven interface.
2. Multi-user: A multi-user OS allows for multiple users to use the same computer at the same time and different times.
Multiprocessing: An OS capable of supporting and utilizing over one laptop processor.
Time-sharing OS: Time-sharing could be a technique that allows many of us, situated at numerous terminals, to use a selectedADPS at constant time.
: An OS that’s capable of permitting multiple package processes to run at constanttime.
PC Operating System Windows 10
- PC Operating System Mac
- PC Operating System Ubuntu