Computer Networks Components:
- Workstations: which area unit personal computers/microcomputers (desktops, laptops, netbooks, handhelds, etc.) wherever users reside.
- Servers: which are the computers that store network software package and shared or personal user files.
- Routers, Etc.
Geographical Span: It may be spanned across a floor. It may be spanned across a building, including intermediate devices to connect all floors
Local Area Network
A network spanned within a building and operated underneath single body system is usually termed as native space Network (LAN).
Usually, LAN covers Associate in Nursing organization’ offices, schools, faculties or universities.
LAN provides a helpful manner of sharing the resources between finish users.
The resources like printers, file servers, scanners and net ar simply sharable among computers.
It largely operates on non-public scientific discipline addresses & doesn’t involve significant routing.
LAN uses Ethernet technology.
- LAN can be wired, wireless, or in both forms at once.
- Components of a network can be connected to each subsidiary differently in some fashion.
- By connectedness, we set sights on either systematically, physically, or both ways.
- A Network Topology is the treaty once which computer systems or network devices are connected to each tallying.
- Topologies may enlarge both visceral and investigative aspect of the network.