Delta- Star Connection Overview
In this variety of association, the first connected in delta fashion whereas the secondary current is connected in star.
As primary in delta connected:
- As Secondary in Star connected
- Line voltage on primary facet = part voltage on Primary facet.
- Secondary part Voltage = K X Primary part Voltage.
- Now Transformation Ration (K) = Secondary part Voltage / Primary part Voltage
- Line voltage on Secondary facet = √3 X part voltage on the Secondary facet. So,
- Line voltage on Secondary facet = √3 X K X Primary part Voltage.
- Line voltage on Secondary facet = √3 X K X Primary Line Voltage.
- There is s +30 Degree or -30 Degree part Shift between Secondary part Voltage to Primary part Voltage
As for instance, at the start of associate HT cable. during this case, a neutral purpose is stable and can not float just in case of unbalanced loading. there’s no distortion of flux as a result of the existence of a Δ -connection permits a path for the third-harmonic elements.
The line voltage quantitative relation is √3 times of electrical device turn-ratio and also the secondary voltage leads the first one by 30°. In recent years, this arrangement has become very hip for the distribution system because it provides 3- Ø, 4-wire system.
Watch to Youtube Video
Read more Power System
- Electrical Power System
- Electrical Grid System
- Auto Reclosing Transmission System
- Electrical Power Substation
- Electrical Bus System
- Portable Substation
- High Voltage Direct Current Transmission
- Star-Delta Transformer connection
- Open Delta – Open Delta Transformer connection
- Open Star-Open Delta Transformer connection
- Star to Star Transformer connection