Wiring a 2-Way Switch
How to wire a 2-way switch. Wiring a 2-way switch is regarding as easy because it gets once it involves basic house wiring. initial of all, we’d like to travel over a bit nomenclature, therefore, you recognize specifically what’s being mentioned.
Go to my Switch nomenclature Page wherever I discuss the terms used for the various styles of home electrical switches. It ought to additionally facilitate in understanding the functions of every form of switch.
When wiring a 2-way switch circuit, all you are extremely doing is dominant the ability flow (Switching off/on) to the load (a light-weight, lamp, outlet, ceiling fan etc..).
Now a typical circuit can contain a 3-wire cable referred to as to. The cable consists of black wire, a white wire, and clean copper wire.
Red wire = Power or Line wire Black wire = Neutral Bare copper = Ground
When wiring a 2-way switch circuit, all we would like to try and do is to regulate the Red wire (Line wire) to show on and off the load. this straightforward diagram below can offer you a higher understanding of what this circuit is accomplishing.
Components needed for this Project
- 2.5 sq mm Green Wire (Ground )….. [ Purchase This Components Amazon | Aliexpress ]
- Two-way switch …… [ Purchase This Components Amazon | Aliexpress ]
Youtube Watch Video
Read more Single Phase Wiring
- Single-Phase Meter Wiring
- single-phase Preventer Procedure
- Starters Single-phase Motor
- Capacitor Connection of Ceiling Fan
- Ceiling Fan Forward-Reverse Running
- 3-phase Motor to 1-phase Running
- Tube Light Wiring Connection
- single-phase Ammeter Voltmeter Connection
- Automatically Inverter Systems Line 220 Volt
- 3 Switch 1 Light Control Diagram